The flu

Today, I found an appropriate quote for my current state of health.  After posting this, I will return to bed and quilt.  My wife made the quilt for me several years ago.and is covered with Newfoundlands (which is as close to having 12 Newfoundlands in bed with you).

Hopefully by tomorrow, I will be on the path to recovery.

“My dear doctor, I’m surprised to hear you say that I am coughing very badly, because I have been practicing all night.” ~ John Philpot Curran

pictures-of-Newfoundlands

About Dr Bill Wooten

Organizational Psychologist,Guitarist, Banjo Picker, Bicyclist, Reader and Books, Books, Books
This entry was posted in Change, Hope, Human Spirit, Joy, Life and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to The flu

1. Tony says:

Sorry to hear you are unwell, Bill. I had a virus in my system post-Christmas that lasted three weeks. Push fluids and rest.

2. mimijk says:

Feel better Bill…nothing like having a quilt of wonderful dogs to keep you company.

• Dr Bill says:

Thanks Mimi. My wife just read it and said I should re-read as there were quite a few errors. I did make the corrections, took more meds and returned to bed which I will remain in for the duration of the day.

• mimijk says:

All is forgiven when one is sick – and I for one, didn’t notice the typos (which may suggest that my vision needs checking). Be well.

3. Littlesundog says:

Sending positive energy your way, my friend. You’ve got an excellent start to healing with that comfy, handmade quilt!

4. So sorry to hear you’re battling a bug, Bill. It’s been a nasty season for such things, but there’s nothing more comforting than our furry friends (or reminders thereof) to sooth us. BTW, are those your pooches in the picture? A beautiful crew….

5. Lead Our Lives says:

I hope you feel better soon. Take good care of yourself…as you are held in the safe space of those beautiful newfs. What fabulous sweet souls they are!

6. ĽAdelaide says:

This really made me grin… for obvious reasons! 🙂
    get well soon, btw!