Vulnerability

Vulnerability is the birthplace of love, belonging, joy, courage, empathy, and creativity. It is the source of hope, empathy, accountability, and authenticity.  If we want greater clarity in our purpose or deeper and more meaningful spiritual lives, vulnerability is the path.” ~ Brené Brown, Daring Greatly

167192_1819148007297_1498070907_32037600_8253139_n

About Dr Bill Wooten

Organizational Psychologist,Guitarist, Banjo Picker, Bicyclist, Reader and Books, Books, Books
This entry was posted in Abundance, Human Spirit, Life and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Vulnerability

1. mimijk says:

I just finished reading this book! I found that I had to substitute certain words for it to resonate for me in the professional arena – I replaced ‘vulnerability’ with ‘openness’, and then I could read and nod throughout.

2. panikikubik says:

I love this Beautiful post. Thank you!

3. Bonnie says:

It seems to keep coming to me this, message. Thank you, for delivering it to me in such a beautiful way this morning.

4. Love Brené Brown–Reading her book now!

5. Love the words, and love the picture…

6. Reblogged this on Teacher as Transformer and commented:
    This is a beautiful quote. I need to remember it takes a risk to move forward and this makes me vulnerable. It is in those spaces I find the creative pieces of my life and the relationships that make life most fulfilling.

7. smilecalm says:

wonderful reminder! in moments of open-hearted fearlessness, I feel less vulnerable to what is before me.

8. russtowne says:

Thank you for sharing this this great quote. I believe every word of it. Being vulnerable has been one of the most challenging things for me, but it has provided to me the most blessings, lessons, and growth.

9. bluesage63 says:

What a beautiful and enlightening post, I will no longer think of being vulnerable as a flaw. Thank you

10. karinconway says:

Reblogged this on Karinconway's Blog and commented:
    Without vulnerability we can not move forward.

11. That is the coolest adage ever. I never thought of vulnerability as anything but a failing in most instances…being overly so, at most junctures, and gullible, too–I love that picture! reminds me of my MT upbringing. 🙂

I am sometimes really cynical, though.

12. elizabeth says:

When I am weak then I am strong. Thank you for the timely reminder. 🙂

Can you tell me about the beautiful artwork? It is stunning.